We are currently recruiting for a Water Supply Operator II/III with one of the largest and most reliable water utilities in the United States, located in beautiful Santa Maria, CA. This is an excellent career opportunity for anyone with experience in the water supply and distribution industry. There is one open position, the position offered will depend on the candidate’s qualifications. This job is a direct hire position with a salary of $55,759 to $89,411 for a WSO II, and $62,687 to $106,569 for a WSO III.
**Benefits if hired include medical, life, LTD, and AD&D insurance, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, a 401k plan, and a health savings account**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates and monitors a variety of water supply and treatment equipment such as:
- Pumping systems
- Chemical feed systems
- Water storage facilities
- Measuring and control systems
- Interagency control valves and meters
- Pressure Reducing/Sustaining Valves
- Groundwater wells
- Filtration facilities
- Ion Exchange treatment facilities
- Maintenance of plant equipment and facilities
- Performs water level measurements on groundwater wells
- Loads and unloads chemicals
- Performs basic laboratory analytical techniques on water samples
- Collects samples for analytical purposes
- Performs calculations related to dosing, flow rates, pressure and other weights and measures associated with water supply and treatment operations
- Complies with all safety standards and practices as they pertain to equipment, facility operations and chemical handling
- May require after hour work due to 24-hour operation
- Available for emergency response, 24 hours/day, seven days/week
- Must reside within 25 miles of the nearest water system boundary where assigned in order to respond to emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications for all levels of Water Supply Operator
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with computer applications such as Windows, word processing, spreadsheets and the Internet
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Valid California driver license
Certification/ Experience Requirements for a Water Supply Operator II
• SWRCB Grade 2 Water Treatment Plant Operator Certificate.
• SWRCB Grade 1 Water Distribution Operator Certificate
• Two years as a Water Supply Operator I or two years of water supply experience in the water utility industry.
• Intermediate math skills.
• Knowledge of hydraulics, chemistry and biology
Certification/ Experience Requirements for a Water Supply Operator Ill
• Three years as a Water Supply Operator II or five years of water supply experience in the water utility industry
• SWRCB Grade 2 Water Treatment Plant Operator Certificate (or applicable SWRCB certification if designated as shift operator).
• SWRCB Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator Certificate
• Excellent math skills
• Experienced with the use of SCADA systems.
• Significant knowledge of hydraulics, chemistry and biology
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.