Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Store Supervisor with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with management experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Store Supervisor position is located on Vandenberg Air Force Base and is Full Time and Temp to Hire, with the schedule:
- Tuesday through Friday – 6:45 pm start time
- Saturday – 5:45 pm start time
- Training schedule will be Thursday through Monday
The pay rate is $19/hr. If you are qualified and interested, submit your resume today!
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises workers/trainees engaged in shelf-stocking, custodial and warehousing.
- Conducts initial and on-going training to ensure compliance with contract specifications
- Conducts initial and on-going safety training equipment use and work to be completed
- Coordinates scheduled worker/trainees to ensure assigned work is completed to contract specifications.
- Utilizes positive reinforcement as primary training tool.
- Participates in establishing trainee goals. Attends annual PCP meetings.
- Completes documentation as required
- Verified worker/trainees time sheets, tracks daily attendance and completes daily reports
- Provides required monthly documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide required daily and monthly documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Properly utilizes equipment and supplies
- Safely operates a variety of power and manual equipment
- Complies with established preventative maintenance program for all equipment
- Maintains inventory control to reduce waste and misuse of supplies
- Conducts and submits monthly inventory documentation
- Properly utilizes established quality control plan
- Conducts pre-inspections; instructs worker to correct any deficiencies.
- Conducts inspections with commissary quality assurance evaluators
- Documents any discrepancies and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least one-year experience in supervisory capacity. Prefer experience in custodial, commissary, grocery or related environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, or governmental regulations in English.
- Ability to remember oral or written instructions provided by others.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to trainees and other workers.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with trainees, coworkers and management.
- Interact diplomatically with the public.
- Foster a stimulating, accepting learning environment.
- Perform effectively in environments with frequent workload changes and competing demands.
- Set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic written or oral instructions.
- Ability to think through consequences of a decision prior to making it.
- Ability to recognize emergency situations and take appropriate action.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must be able to meet and maintain requirements to obtain entrance onto Vandenberg AFB.
- Maintain first aid, CPR and CPI certifications.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an insurable record.
- Must meet and maintain community care licensing criminal history criteria.
- Experience working with persons with disabilities is highly desirable but not required.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.