Do you want to work for a company that is a leader in its industry? Does working for a company that wants to cultivate your ideas and nurture your career advancement sound enticing? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Stain and Glaze Technician with a very well-established company on the beautiful Central Coast of California – Lompoc, CA. This company prides itself on having a talented, diverse, and passionate team of more than 300 employees and they believe their most valuable resource is: You – their people. If you are interested in this position, submit a resume ASAP because this position will not last long!
The Stain and Glaze Technician is a full-time temp to hire position with the hours from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Mondays through Fridays (overtime and weekend work may be required). The pay rate for this position is $16.00/hr. If you are qualified and interested, submit your resume now!
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Check the inventory of each case with original documents and verify that the computer printouts match
- Check cases for proper contacts, margins, defects, and spurs prior to the stain and glazing process
- Visually inspect porcelain to recognize and determine different shades of color
- Mix stains to achieve accurate shade match, according to color charts
- Perform sandblasting on the porcelain for resurfacing when shades do not match
- Follow procedures for staining, glazing, and sandblasting throughout the production process
- Operate ceramic ovens and ultrasonic cleaner as part of the stain and glaze process
- Adhere to all company policy and procedures including ISO 9001 work instructions and safety
- Maintain an organized and clean work area ensuring tools and supplies are stored in proper places at the end of shift
- Perform product inventory verification as required or directed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have an eye for color (need to be able to recognize and determine different shades of color)
- Must be nimble with fingers as you will be painting small objects
- Ability to properly communicate through both oral and written communication
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, employee is regularly required to sit, bend/or twist at the neck, use one or both hands repetitively; grasp simply with one or both hands and use fine manipulation with one or both hands. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, bend/or twist at the waist and to reach above and below should level; and work around equipment or machinery. Normal vision (with corrective lenses, if necessary) is required for the job. Special vision abilities include close vision, color and/or depth perception.
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
**Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.**