We’re currently looking for a Staffing Accountant in the wonderful city of San Luis Obispo, CA. This is a full-time temp to hire position. The hours are from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday with a pay rate of $30 an hour. The benefits if hired by the client include company matched 401K, paid time off, competitive salary, and full medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with accounting experience.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own monthly and quarterly financial reporting, including total company and business unit P&L reporting, variance analysis, product and channel analysis, and department operating results.
- Prepare Revenue & Cost analysis, financial statements, and other operational reports on a scheduled or unprompted basis, equipping executive management with the necessary analysis to make informed fiscal decisions.
- Assist with compound & medication supply inventory invoice processing, tracking and determination of the monthly cost-of-good-sold metrics.
- Responsible for the preparation of appropriate general ledger entries and account reconciliations for the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
- Track and reconcile capital expenditures monthly, including depreciation thereof.
- Assist with processing AP transactions and develop vendor relations.
- Monitor, process & reconcile credit card transactions within the third-party spend management platform.
- Back-up for the weekly preparation of AP Disbursements, short-term cash forecast & facilitate execution of approved payments.
- Manage complex financial and analytical models, including integrated three statement financial models, to forecast and analyze business performance, including variance analysis.
- Back-up for the preparation and submission of applicable State Sales Tax reports and assist with other Federal & State corporate tax reporting obligations.
- Act as a liaison between the Finance function and other internal stakeholders and departments, including working with department leaders to help promote improved fiscal performance.
- Responsible for payroll data import and monitoring distribution of payroll costs to the appropriate general ledger accounts
- Participate in internal committees, special projects or other duties assigned that promote improvement in organizational performance.
- Maintains stellar corporate relations with customers, vendors, banking institutions, auditors, and other affiliates.
- Communicate and enforce established standards while evaluating program effectiveness; implement changes required for improvement.
- Assist in the annual external financial audit.
- Collaborate with senior management to meet overall corporate fiscal goals and objectives.
- Handle special projects as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in accounting, business administration and/or healthcare administration.
- 3+ years of proven success in an accounting support capacity and handling full-cycle processing of AP, AR, Inventory, Fixed Assets and general ledger.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Proven business acumen and ability to enhance business systems and processes.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, filters, and chart production) and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and application of US General Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Keen attention to detail.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer service experience, and organizational skills and uphold the company’s vision of being a caring, honest, reliable, and efficient healthcare partner.
- Proficiency using QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
- Technical skills in General Ledger account reconciliations and month-end closing processes & disciplines.
- Encourage, motivate, and lead by example.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Efficient time management skills to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously to meet required deadlines.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with all levels of the organization and executive-level external partners, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to build collaborative, strategic relationships with a variety of people and personality types, both inside and outside the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and ability and desire to learn quickly.
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving patient and client experience & outcomes.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.