We’re currently recruiting for a Warehouse Clerk for a local, family-owned business with a proud tradition of over 50 years of excellence, who firmly believes that quality products come from having a quality team. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with shipping experience, so if you are interested, submit your resume now!
This is a full-time temp to hire opportunity with a pay rate of $18, increasing to $19 after a 90-day probationary period. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
Benefits if hired by the client include: Health, Life, Disability, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage. Eligibility for other benefits, including the Retirement Matching, education reimbursement, and bonus potential will also take place per company policy. Employees will also be eligible to accrue paid vacation and will receive 10-11 paid holidays a year, determined annually by the company.
**This position does require a background check**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain and process product orders – dispatch notes.
- Pick items needed to fulfill those dispatch notes.
- Double check dispatch notes to ensure quantities and part numbers are accurate and match dispatch notes.
- Complete all paperwork and move shipment along to the next stage in the process.
- Properly store incoming products, ensuring the correct parts are placed in the correct location in the prescribed quantities.
- Package and label parts as they are being stored and ensures those labels are in place before the parts are shipped.
- Kits some orders in special packaging making sure kits are neat and well packaged in a uniform and orderly manner.
- Comply with environmental, health, safety, and other plant guidelines.
- Maintain the company stockroom through organizing, cleaning, and best practices.
- Participates in Inventory and cycle counts.
- Participates in 5S cleaning and organizations tasks.
- Notes and provides feedback for better more effective ways to improve the department.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Other activities as they become necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or (GED)
- Shipping experience is useful but not necessary.
- Proven success in arriving at work on time and a proven record of good attendance.
- Capable of reading small print and ability to distinguish between similar part numbers.
- Ability to accurately count out products and pull them into bins in preparation for shipping.
- Must work quickly but accurately.
- Experience pulling and packing helpful.
- Experience with UPS and Fed-Ex helpful.
- Warehouse knowledge – warehouse best practices, understand FIFO, familiar with domestic and international shipments helpful.
- Kneel, crouch, reach, climb, walk, constant use of hands
- Speak, hear, read, write in English
- Constant use of computer, keyboard and mouse
- Lift up to 30 pounds constantly and up to 50 pounds occasionally
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.