Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Senior Network Administrator with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with networking experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
This position is located at Vandenberg SFB, California and is temp to hire. The hours are 7:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Pay rate will be determined based on experience.
**Background check and ability to obtain a security clearance required**
- Collaborate with internal project team and vendors to design and implement a new network environment to support system virtualization, DMZ and other supporting network functions for the space launch ranges.
- Develop processes and procedures for administering and supporting the new network environment.
- Build, configure and maintain network environment including routers, switches, physical firewalls, virtual firewalls, load balancers, network security devices and other network equipment.
- Oversight of subcontractors and vendors performing installations and configurations.
- Collaborate with system engineers to transition existing systems into the virtualization environment and ensure network functionality.
- Provide hands on support for network environment.
- Coordinate the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Apply advanced methods, theories and research techniques and assist in the development, implementation and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with business practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively manage competing demands, prioritize appropriately, and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems p or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with IP networking and administration of Cisco routing, switching, load balancing, environments, administration of firewalls and load balancing environments.
- Experience in IT environments which incorporate traditional and non-traditional IT services, supporting 24x7x365 mission critical IT infrastructure preferred.
- Experience with system security and best practices in complex, multivendor networking environments.
- Experience with supporting enterprise datacenter hardware and software including:
- Dell VXRail platform.
- VMware NSX.
- Cisco: Nexus platform, Catalyst platform, Cisco Data Center Network Manager, Secure Network Server, Identity Services Engine.
- F5 load balancers.
- Palo Alto: physical and virtual firewalls, IDS, WildFire.
- Aruba: AP Capacity, Controller Policy Enforcement Firewall, Aruba Controller RFProtect, Airwave with RAPIDS and VisualRF.
- Experience in transitioning from standalone to virtualized environments preferred.
- Familiarity with DISA STIGs and RMF/DIACAP frameworks preferred.
- Applicable Certifications, preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV 2020).
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%).
- Current Security+ or other DoD 8570 Certification or ability to obtain certification within six (6) months of start date.
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws