Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Security Guard/K9 Handler with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with Security/Animal Handling experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
This position is full-time, working 8 hours days 40 days a week. The rate of pay is $15/hr, with an additional 18.4 hours of pay being given for care of the dog during off hours.
*This position requires a background check, TB test, 10-panel drug test, flu-shot and vaccinations if hired*
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Combine security and safety knowledge with the handling of a highly trained canine to provide security for the premises.
- Maintain high visibility alongside canine to deter criminal activity and anti-social behaviour
- Handle assigned canine in all circumstances
- Be able to serve not only as a deterrent but also as a positive role in fostering good community relations
- Assume the role of lead person on day and evening shifts in the absence of the Senior Security Officer and Security Manager
- Perform all major duties of a regular Security Officer
Skills & Qualifications
- Possess the ability to identify suspicious circumstances and maintain alert patrol
- Ability to keep records and make factual reports
- Minimum experience: comparable training and experience which provides skills to perform job tasks competently
- Must posess a HS Diploma or GED
- Must have a Private Proprietary Security Officer license, a valid California Driver Livense, and Heartsaver CPR AED
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.