Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Sampler with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Sampler position is Full Time and Temp to Hire, with the schedule to be determined upon hire. The schedule is Tuesday through Friday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. The pay rate for this position is $16-18/hr (DOE) and the company offers great benefits if you are hired on after the temporary portion of the position. If you are qualified and interested, submit your resume today!
**Must have a clean DMV record because the position requires driving. Applicants must be 21 years of age to be considered due to insurance restrictions. Applicants will need to travel from Salinas, CA to Yuma, AZ**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce field & facility sampling for the Salinas/Yuma areas with GPS tracking (15 to 60 GPS points per acre dependent on protocol).
- Sample according to company standard operating procedures
- Availability when needs arise
- Company vehicle and insurance provided. Company vehicle and equipment maintained and kept clean.
- Efficiently strategizing workday
- Detail and correctness of paperwork
- Communication with client field and dispatch staff
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability and desire to work outdoors during inclement weather conditions on a regular basis
- Able to work long hours and overtime
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, carry up to 35 lbs over a variety of terrain.
- Ability to walk long distances (several acres in the course of a day)
- Ability to transition with the growing season (6-7 months working in Salinas, CA, and 5-6 months working in Yuma AZ). Length of time can vary in growing season
- Map skills (can read maps/gps coordinates and find fields in remote areas.
- Previous experience in agricultural related fields desired
- Current personal auto insurance, and a clean DMV record
- Organizational & time management skills
- Quick to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.