Do you want a job where your talents can be recognized and your career elevated? Do you want to be part of an intelligent and diverse team of individuals? If so, submit a resume today! We are currently recruiting for a Sampler with a fantastic company that has been established for 30 years and which services over 40 countries around the world! If you want to work for a company that uses top of the line, state of the art technology and you take pride in knowing you are helping to provide a service to an international audience, submit your resume ASAP!
The Sampler position is Full Time and Temp to Hire, with the schedule to be determined upon hire. The schedule will vary (different days and times – early mornings, late evenings, weekends, holidays and/or overtime) so applicants must be flexible. The pay rate for this position is $18-$20/hr (DOE) and the company offers great benefits if you are hired on after the temporary portion of the position. If you are qualified and interested, submit your resume today!
**Must have a clean DMV record because the position requires driving. Applicants must be 21 years of age to be considered due to insurance restrictions. Applicants will need to travel from Salinas, CA to Yuma, AZ****
Benefits (if hired on by the client):
- Long Term Disability coverage
- 401K with employer match
- Sick Leave
- Company vehicle and insurance provided
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce field and facility sampling for the Salinas/Yuma areas with GPS tracking (15 to 60 GPS points per acre dependent on protocol).
- Sample according to company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Availability when needs arise.
- Company vehicle and equipment maintained and kept clean.
- Efficiently strategizing workday.
- Detail and correctness of paperwork.
- Communication with client field and Dispatch staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability and desire to work outdoors during inclement weather conditions on a regular basis
- Able to work long hours and overtime
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, carry (up to 35 pounds) over a variety of terrain
- Ability to walk long distances (several acres in the course of a day)
- Ability to transition with the growing seasons (6-7 months working in Salinas, CA and 5-6 months working in Yuma, Az) Length of time can vary depending on the season
- Map skills (can read maps/GPS coordinates and find fields in remote areas)
- Previous experience in an agricultural related field (walking fields) desired
- Current personal auto insurance, and a clean DMV record
- Organizational and time management skills
- Quick to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is desirable
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.