Do you want to be able to say you work for a nationally recognized company? Do you want to take pride in knowing you are working for a company that strives for continuous improvement and a long-held commitment to their community? Do you hold values of excellence, integrity, and compassion? If so, submit a resume ASAP!
We are currently recruiting for a Recreation Therapist with a very well-established company on the Central Coast of California – Santa Barbara, CA – a city famous for its beautiful downtown and gorgeous beaches! The Recreation Therapist role is part-time and direct hire, with a flexible schedule or 24 to 34 hours a week. The pay rate for this role is $35/hr. If you are qualified and interested, submit your resume today!
**If chosen for this position, you will be required to get a TB Test, 10 panel drug screen, background check, flu shot, and up to date vaccinations**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides competent patient care with periodic supervision
- Evaluates and plans patient care programs through the use of selected assessments and procedures.
- Consults with physicians and team in developing individual therapy plans designed to assist patients in reaching their maximum performance levels.
- Establishes individualized, written functional goals that are objective, measurable and realistically attainable in an appropriate time frame
- Assist with determining appropriate discharge disposition for patients and determines needs for discharge
- Ensures timely arrangement for any potential discharge needs, including community resources and referrals.
- Coordinates and modifies treatment programs
- Willingly provides coverage of unplanned absences
Skills & Qualifications
- BS or BA in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited college or university
- Certification from California Board of Recreation and Park or National Council of Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Current Driver’s License
- BLS certification
- Computer skills
- Previous driving experience in transporting patients or people with disabilities
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.