Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Project Accounting Specialist with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with accounting experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Project Accounting Specialist Position is located in Arroyo Grande, CA. This is a full time, direct hire position with hours from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. The pay rate is between $22 and $27 an hour. If you are interested, submit your resume today!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process accounts receivable billing – contract, time and material and extra work.
- Submit completed pay applications and releases as required by customer.
- Act as a liaison between project manager and customer to assist in communications and agreements regarding invoice
- Send out weekly reporting: AR report, expected income,
- Caltrans ICAS EWB Verification to monitor documents, payment status, bill status, rejections, and approvals.
- Audit jobs prior to closeout for unbilled extra work, unbilled quantities, over/under quantities within bid item budgets, unbilled back charges, and various items of
- Prepare and assist with project and accounting audits.
- Make accounts receivable collections
- Track and enter back charges, withholds, and stop notices for contracts and
- Manage subcontract payables: schedule of values, approvals, invoice entry and document control.
- Monitor subcontractors’ required documents (i.e.. insurance certificates, monthly releases, union compliance letters, etc.)
- Send out preliminary
- Resolve lien
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounts receivable position, preferably in a high-volume construction accounts receivable department
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including MOS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. experience
- Knowledge of Viewpoint Vista or other accounting platforms a plus
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis
- Strong service orientation
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.