Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Payroll Assistant with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for work, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
This is a full time position, March through November, with potential to be hired permanently. It is located in Santa Maria, CA and the hours from 7am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. The pay rate is $16 to $18, depending on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The data entry of all new and re-hired employees into designated software
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and post information onto designated records.
- Record employee information, such as transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Maintain filing system for payroll electronically and manually.
- Assist in the maintenance of 1-9 forms and related records.
- Assist with any applicants inquiring about employment and complete employee related forms.
- Communicate with managers, supervisors, co-workers, and employees while maintaining confidentiality and protects payroll operations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Answering phones and greeting employees and/or customers/vendors.
- Distribution of weekly checks, while communicating effectively with P/R team.
- The maintenance of the check cabinet.
- Assists in other minor duties as needed including but not limited to the maintenance of the Payroll Check Window room.
- Assistance in the order of the supply room with respects to payroll related materials.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Math skills/payroll knowledge
- Data Entry & attention to detail
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Health benefits (including dental, vision, and life) cost per month: $30 for employee only, $40 for employee plus spouse or child, $65 for employee plus family
- Health benefits are supplemented by a Health Savings Account (H.S.A.): $1,800 for single coverage or $3,600 for family coverage (annual amount is pro-rated on a monthly basis)
- Vacation pay: employees accrue 5 days or 40 hours of vacation during first year of service, 10 days or 80 hours during second through fourth year, and 15 days or 120 hours for fifth year and years following.
- Sick/personal pay: employees are allowed 5 days or 40 hours of paid time off each year Holiday pay: 6 holidays paid annually
- Annual bonus: discretionary to company management
- Eligible for employer’s 401k profit-sharing plan after one year of service. Employer offers 100% match of employee deferrals, up to 4% of employee’s gross earnings
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.