We are currently recruiting for an Operations Engineer with one of the largest and most reliable water utilities in the United States, located in beautiful Santa Maria, CA. This is an excellent career opportunity for anyone with experience in the water supply and distribution industry. This job is a direct hire position with a salary of $108,000 to $152,386 a year.
**Benefits if hired include medical, life, LTD, and AD&D insurance, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, a 401k plan, and a health savings account**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze system operations to identify operational changes that will improve service and improve system efficiency.
- Utilizes hydraulic models to assist in analyzing water system operations.
- Prepare recommendations to resolve water system operational problems.
- Prepare system wide and plant specific operational memos and provides updated information for plant site plans, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), and schematics.
- Analyze treatment system operations and identify process changes to achieve and maintain treatment process optimization.
- Prepare technical reports and coordinates with superintendents on supply forecasts and budgets.
- Select replacement pumps, motors and control valves.
- Review and approve the work of Engineering Technicians including fire flow test reports and substructure requests.
- Reviews all system additions, upgrades and modifications within the district.
- Oversee and prioritize system water audits and leak detection to ensure district systems are in compliance with regulatory requirements governing water use in each system.
- Review and approve the work of third parties providing Water Loss Control services, including system water audits and leak detection and proper accounting of water use in each system.
- Manage employee’s career development profiles and prepare appropriate reports as necessary.
- Communicate orally and in writing in the English language with customers, clients, and the public face to-face, in group settings.
- May be required to make public appearances in the evenings and to work on holidays and May be required to respond to emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in performing complex work in the areas of water supply and water distribution operations, engineering and construction activities.
- Registration as a Professional Civil or Mechanical Engineer in the State of California preferred.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of time.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other applicable software.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of water operations, planning and management, including use analysis and forecasting.
- Familiar with CPUC, SWRCB, RWQCB, fire department and other agency regulations as they pertain to water operations.
- Assist in forecasting water demands including seasonal and diurnal fluctuations; analyze system operations using hydraulic models and other computer programs.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.