Are you passionate about space and want to help further our exploration of the unknown? Do you want to work for an aerospace company run by industry veterans? Do you want to work for a growing company and be a part of something great? If so, submit a resume ASAP!
We are currently hiring for a Medium Voltage Electrician in the Vandenberg SFB area. You will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of medium voltage electrical systems and equipment. Your expertise in working with medium voltage electrical systems will be crucial in ensuring the safe and reliable operation of our facilities and infrastructure. This role will cover 120V-480V on site as well as coordination with the base and primary power to the site.
This position is full time and temp to hire, with 10 hour days Monday through Friday and a payrate of $30 to $40/hr DOE.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installation and Maintenance: Install, maintain, and repair high voltage electrical systems, including transformers, circuit breakers, relays, capacitors, and other related equipment or partner with contractors to complete work at VSFB.
- Installation and Maintenance: Interpret drawings, schematics, blueprints, and electrical code specifications. Bend and install conduit and electrical trays, pull wires and complete wiring for outlets, lights, and other facility supporting electrical items.
- Testing and Troubleshooting: Conduct testing and diagnostic procedures to identify faults, malfunctions, and electrical issues in high voltage systems. Troubleshoot and resolve problems to ensure proper functioning.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures when working with high voltage systems. Ensure compliance with electrical codes, standards, and guidelines to maintain a safe working
- Repairs and Upgrades: Perform repairs, replacements, and upgrades to high voltage equipment and components as needed. Maintain accurate records of repairs and maintenance activities.
- Preventive Maintenance: Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs for high voltage systems to minimize downtime, optimize performance, and extend the lifespan of equipment.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain detailed documentation of electrical work performed, including reports, service records, and equipment maintenance logs. Provide regular reports to supervisors or management as required.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with other team members, including engineers, technicians, and contractors, to coordinate work and ensure effective communication regarding electrical projects, repairs, and maintenance tasks.
- Training and Compliance: Stay updated with industry trends, technologies, and best practices related to high voltage electrical systems. Attend training programs and workshops to enhance skills and maintain compliance with regulations.
- Emergency Response: Be available for emergency on-call duties to respond to and resolve electrical emergencies or outages in a timely manner.
- Equipment and Inventory Management: Monitor inventory levels of electrical components, tools, and equipment. Recommend procurement of new materials when necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional vocational or technical training in electrical systems or related field is preferred.
- Valid electrician’s license or certification in high voltage systems.
- Minimum of  years of experience working as a High Voltage Electrician or in a similar role.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of high voltage electrical systems, equipment, and safety protocols.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting electrical blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical ability to work in various environments, including confined spaces and at heights.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and perform physically demanding tasks.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) candidates must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.