Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Technician Trainee with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with manufacturing experience, so if you are interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Manufacturing Technician Trainee position is in Buellton, CA. It is a full-time temp to hire position with hours from 8am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The pay rate is $18, increasing to $19 after a probationary period.
Benefits if hired by the client include: Health, Life, Disability, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage. Eligibility for other benefits, including the Retirement Matching, education reimbursement, and bonus potential will also take place per company policy. Employees will also be eligible to accrue paid vacation and will receive 10-11 paid holidays a year, determined annually by the company.
**This position does require a background check**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Load and unload tumbler.
- Rinse and apply water displacement and rust inhibitor after tumbling.
- Belt-sand and grey wheel parts to remove burrs.
- Laser mark tools prior to assembly.
- Assembly of finished components into functioning tools, press fit nuts and screws tension parts.
- Apply grips to tools after assembly.
- Verify counts on work tickets.
- Comply with environmental, health, safety, and other plant guidelines.
- Maintain 5S practices keep work area clean and organized.
- Participates in Inventory and cycle counts.
- Participates in 5S cleaning and organizations tasks.
- Notes and provides feedback for better more effective ways to improve the department
Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or (GED)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- This is an entry level position – previous assembly experience is helpful but required.
- Proven success in arriving at work on time and a proven record of good attendance.
- Capable of seeing and identifying alignment of part blades.
- Ability to accurately count out products and pull them into bins in preparation as you complete each work order.
- Must work quickly but accurately.
- Must be able to focus and complete repetitive tasks.
- Manufacturing experience helpful but not required, this is an entry level position.
- Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Accuracy is an absolute in this position.
- Works with fellow employees, is direct and focused.
- Skilled at focused and direct communication, economy of words.
- Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of results with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Self-starter, knows what needs to be done and keeps their focus on correctly and accurately moving product out the door.
- Thinks through the situation at hand and draws on past instruction and best practice to try and resolve a problem before asking for help.
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
- Kneel, crouch, reach, climb, walk, constant use of hands.
- Ability to use a workstation to clock in and out of jobs.
- Lift up to 30 pounds constantly and up to 50 pounds occasionally
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.