Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician/Driver with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with custodial or construction experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Maintenance Technician/Driver role is located in the city of Salinas, CA. The primary hours are 10am to 7pm Tuesday through Friday and 9am to 6pm Saturdays. This is a temp to hire position with a pay rate of $16-18 an Hour based on experience. There is a dress code of work boots, jeans, and a polo shirt.
Benefits if hired by client
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Health coverage
- Life Insurance
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform basic tasks including painting and hole filling, clean facilities, restrooms and managing maintenance repairs.
- Perform basic repairs on company machinery, equipment, or appliances
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs
- Regularly check community spaces to identify issues with litter, mechanical failure, or breakdowns.
- Respond to lab staff’s maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner
- Repair plumbing, electrical and safety systems, or ability to request quotes/bids for subcontract work & report to management
- Maintain the cleanliness of inside and outside spaces such as waiting areas, parking lots and sidewalks
- Uses correct chemicals on all surfaces, fills all dispensers
- Cleans spills promptly
- Perform all custodial tasks including cleaning and stocking restrooms, dumping trash, sweeping, mopping, cleaning counter tops, washing windows, etc.
- Cleans and maintains custodial equipment to ensure proper operation and safe condition
- May wax and buff floors on a regular basis
- May monitor inventory and supply areas
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- 2 years of work experience, preferably in custodial or construction services
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to push and pull up to 70lbs
- Comfortable climbing ladders and/or step stools
- Ability to follow instructions on labels for proper and safe use of chemicals, supplies and equipment
- Ability to follow structured process and procedures, and to learn to use specialized departmental equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from supervisors and coworkers
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships
- Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time, and adapt to changing work priorities
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common-sense skills
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.