Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Leasing Specialist with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for work, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Leasing Specialist position is located in Lompoc, CA. This is a part-time temporary position with flexible hours of 9am to 1pm or 1pm to 5pm, with occasional 9am to 5pm shifts. The pay rate for this position is $17/hr. If you are interested, submit your resume today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all sales and leasing activities to achieve the community’s revenue and occupancy goals by greeting and qualifying prospects, conducting community tours and showing apartments, processing applications, credit screening, and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package, and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
- Inspects apartments prior to resident move-in and ensures apartments are in move-in ready condition and schedules any outstanding item to be addressed with the maintenance team.
- Uses the on-site property management software (OneSite, Yardi, etc.) to track apartment availability, record traffic and leasing activities, manage resident and prospect data, and capture critical demographic and other information about existing and future residents.
- Ensures that the community and show units meet the Company’s standards for show quality by daily inspecting the marketing corridor and leasing tour, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the community’s maintenance team members, merchandising and ensuring a physically appealing show unit and/or model and amenities, and preparing the leasing office for daily leasing activities.
- Follows-up with prospects and new residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank-you notes, and cards or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions to lease and/or renew.
- Executes and performs activities in support of the community’s lease renewal program by preparing lease renewal letters and packages for residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates and ensuring that lease renewal documents are signed and implemented on time.
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident and client/owner concerns and questions and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities.
- Incumbents must be able to stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time and push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
- Routine, local travel may be required to attend training classes, conduct market research, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include weekends and/or holidays.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One Site), and spreadsheet management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percent’s in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- High School diploma, GED or an employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales, marketing, internet and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues and complete financial records, documents, and reports.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.