We are currently recruiting for a Laundry Attendant with a fantastic company in San Luis Obispo, CA! This is a full-time temp to hire position with scheduled hours from 9am to 5:30pm. The pay rate for this position is $18 an hour. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with housekeeping experience, if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate washing and drying equipment, load, and unload laundry from machines. Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications.
- Monitor feeder information on washers, make sure all drums are full, and report any irregularities to immediate supervisor.
- Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
- Clean up machines and surrounding areas.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Working knowledge of the use of laundry chemicals and different formulas, as well as effects on various types of linen.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time.
- Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
All full time direct hires are eligible for Medical/Dental and Vision coverage in addition to paid and sick time.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.