Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a HR/Payroll Assistant with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with human resources experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The HR/Payroll Assistant position is located in Santa Maria, CA. This is a full-time temp to hire assignment with a starting pay rate of $16.75 (DOE). The schedule is Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm with occasional half days on Saturday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The data entry of all new and re-hired employees into designated software.
- Assist in verifying attendance, hours worked, and post information onto designated records if needed.
- Record employee information, such as transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records and employee maintenance.
- Maintain filing system for employees personnel file electronically and manually.
- Assist in the maintenance of I-9 forms and related records
- Assist with any applicants inquiring about employment and complete employee related forms.
- Communicate with managers, supervisors, co-workers, and employees while maintaining confidentiality and protects payroll operations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Answering phones and greeting employees and/or customers/vendors
- Distribution of weekly checks, while communicating effectively with P/R and HR team
- The maintenance of the check cabinet
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good data entry skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- General math skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- General computer skills.
- Bilingual preferred
- Assists in other minor duties as needed including but not limited to the maintenance of the Payroll Check Window room.
- Assistance in the order of the supply room with respects to payroll related materials.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.