Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Hardware Engineer Sr with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with engineering experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
This position is located at Vandenberg SFB, California and is temp to hire. The hours are 7:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Pay rate will be determined based on experience.
**Background check and ability to obtain a security clearance required**
- Design, develop, modify, and implement new and/or existing capabilities for support hardware systems. Perform system modeling, simulation, and analysis to provide the most appropriate technical solution.
- Support testing to qualify hardware systems for Range operations.
- Plan, conduct, and assist in the execution of engineering projects.
- Coordinate with technical support personnel for assigned projects.
- Analyze, develop, recommend and implement approaches to meet requirements.
- Evaluates component suppliers and vendor capabilities.
- Provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Assist with problematic repairs of Line Replaceable Units (LRU’s).
- Provide engineering assistance to restore operational systems.
- Proficient in reading, understanding, creating or modifying wire diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings using CAD or other drawing packages.
- Proficient in technical writing for development of technical reports, white papers and other technical support documentation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues verbally and through written media such as graphical slides and verbal presentations to contract management and customers.
- Experience providing inputs to complex project proposals within defined time constraints involving multi-discipline teams
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively manage competing demands, prioritize appropriately, and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical major in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math.
- Four (4) or more years relevant experience.
- Proficient working with Windows based computer systems and M/S Office tool suite.
- Proficient with digital interface design to include familiarization with interface modules, cable/wire types and connector systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of hardware systems integration and testing practices.
- Experience in the configuring of Ethernet switches and network protocols.
- Proficient in use of specialized test equipment including but not limited to VOMs, spectrum analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Familiarization with computer systems including single-board (SBCs), servers, and workstations.
- Familiarization with the Linux and Windows Operating systems.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%).
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.