Do you want to work for a company that is a leader in its industry? Does working for a company that wants to cultivate your ideas and nurture your career advancement sound enticing? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for an Expeditor with a very well established company in the beautiful Central Coast of California – Lompoc, CA. This company prides itself on having a talented, diverse and passionate team of more than 300 employees and they believe their most valuable resource is: You – their people. If you are interested in this position, submit a resume ASAP because this position will not last long!
The Expeditor is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a new career or anyone looking for work – no previous experience is necessary! This position is Full Time and Temp to Hire. The hours are from 9 am to 5:30 pm, Mondays through Fridays (overtime and weekend shifts may be required), with a pay rate of $15.50/hr. If you are interested, submit a resume now!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow case production schedule to maintain on-time case completion per the work ticket finish date and Doctor’s due date.
- Refer to LabTrac scheduling software to physically allocate cases to the correct technicians with corresponding skills and capacity.
- Manually re-assign work via the LabTrac scheduler as needed to ensure successful case completion and on-time delivery.
- Locate and track cases due to ship using daily LabTrac shipping report.
- Support laboratory employees by tracking and locating paperwork and/or pans as required.
- Monitor and expedite movement of cases between laboratory stages to ensure scheduled ship and meeting customer commitment.
- Ensure cases ship as scheduled; monitor rush / reservation scheduled cases for adherence to ship requirements.
- Support laboratory employees as necessary by booking cases on/off in productivity software.
- Proactively communicate issues with workflow to supervisor; e-mail daily report for late or missed cases to all laboratory supervisors and Lab Customer Care.
- Adhere to company and departmental policies and procedures, including safety and security measures, and ISO 9001 work instructions.
- Read, interpret, and understand Doctors’ prescription forms, Doctor’s preferences, and evaluator notes on the work ticket. Ask questions as needed to complete the case to the client’s specifications.
- Request and/or receive training as needed or required to meet product quality standards and production efficiency standards; ensure training information is comprehended and retained.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Self Motivated and Self Starter
- Good work ethic
- Ability to properly communicate through both oral and written correspondence
- Must have computer skills
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree; plus two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; talk; hear; use one or both hands repetitively to finger, handle, or feel; use a simple or strong grasp with one or both hands; and use hands repetitively. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use an extended and overhead reach with hands and arms; twist at the neck and/or waist; to push and/or pull; kneel, bend, or crouch; and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Normal 20/20 vision ability (with corrective lenses, if needed) is required by this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually somewhat quiet.
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
**Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.**