We are currently recruiting for a Drafter 3/CAD Operator with a fantastic company on Vandenberg Space Force Base. This is a full-time temp to hire position with a schedule of Monday through Friday 7am to 4:30pm. The pay rate is 26.80 an hour. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to launch a new career, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
**This position requires a background check and drug test**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares complete set of complex drawings of systems and test equipment from layouts or sketches – several cross-sectional and subassembly drawings may be required. Describes dimensions, tolerances, fits, fabrication techniques, and standard parts from information supplied by the design originator and/or from technical handbooks and manuals.
- Prepares final floor or building layouts, rack elevations, and assemblies/ sub-assemblies from precedents, drafting standards, and established practices in 2D or 3D formats as required.
- Analyzes Engineering redlines for completeness and ability to execute for junior drafters
- Creates and modifies parts, part structures and documents in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool.
- Generates Engineering Change Notices (ECN), implementation plans, and uploads/downloads data from PLM tool.
- Maintains ECN status in PLM tool.
- Creates Technical Data Packages (TDP’s) in PLM tool.
- Performs data searches for Engineering, Government, and other support organizations in PLM tool.
- Provides drawing package and data analysis and guidance to Engineering, Government, and other support organizations.
- Checks and verifies drawings for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to drafting standards as required by contract.
- Coordinates and supports Engineering and Project Management in Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
- Trains/mentors junior drafters.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment; and perform work and resolve problems with limited supervision
- Ability to make arithmetic computations using standard formulas. Strong organizational skills with specific emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Associates Degree in CAD or related technical field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Sustaining or Development Engineering environment
- Professional knowledge of conventional electronic, electromechanical, mechanical, or architectural drafting techniques
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and standard MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.,) products
- Proficiency with CREO Elements or other solid modeling software preferred
- Working knowledge of PLM tools, e.g., Windchill or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge of materials, components, assemblies, computer, and peripheral hardware designs/parts
- Flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.