We are currently recruiting for Data Center Operations Deputy Manager with a fantastic company on Vandenberg Space Force Base. This is a full-time temp to hire position with a schedule of Monday through Friday 7am to 4:30pm. The salary range is $97,115 to $152,007 based on experience. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to launch a new career, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
**This position requires a background check and drug test**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead team to maintain established vendor service level agreements for the virtual environment.
- Reports to Range Systems Hosting Platform (RSHP) IT Services Manger and provides direction on the development of process and procedures for administering and supporting the Western Range RSHP.
- Provide hands-on backup support for RSHP Systems Administration.
- Direct system onboarding to the RSHP and provide clear leadership in the development of policy as it pertains to system onboarding and operation.
- Provide leadership for the continued stable operation of the RSHP systems to include capacity planning, technology refresh and reporting of KPI’s.
- Collaborate with and provide direction to subcontractors and venders performing installations, maintenances, and configuration of supported systems.
- Apply advanced methods, theories, and research techniques and assist in the development, implementation, and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with business practices.
- Other duties assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the capability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, partner, and collaborate with team members.
- Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly and the ability to explain it to all stakeholders.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills for design and testing of systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience administering AWS, Azure, GCE, private & hybrid cloud environments.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the backup, recovery, and disaster recovery of supported environments.
- Advanced knowledge of GCE, Azure, AWS, private & hybrid cloud systems.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise data center systems, to include Dell vxRail, Data Domain, Avamar, NEXUS, Cisco, and Palo Alto.
- Familiarity with securing server environments in a regulated industry
- High level experience in complex IT environments which incorporate traditional and non-traditional IT services.
- High level experience supporting 24/7/365 mission critical IT infrastructure.
- High level experience with system security and best practices.
- High level experience administering server environments in a 24/7/365 mission critical environment.
- High level experience in complex, multivendor networking environments preferred.
- Familiarity with DISA STIGs and RMF/DIACAP frameworks preferred.
- DoD 8570 Security+ Certification required.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Some travel may be required.
- Flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.