Do you want to be at the forefront of the United States’ expansion into space? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Cybersecurity Specialist, Sub. to join our client’s world-class workforce. You would be part of a company that embraces challenges and provides personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities!
This position is located on Vandenberg Air Force Base/Lompoc, CA – a town surrounded by mountainous landscapes and known for its budding wine industry! This position is Full Time and Temp to Hire, with the hours from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Fridays. The pay rate for this position will be decided based upon your experience. If you are qualified and interested, submit your resume today!
**This position is located on the military base and so does require you to be able to gain base access. If chosen, this position requires a background check and drug test**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Cybersecurity (CS) support to the Launch and Test Range System (LTRS) across the Enterprise
- Perform DoD Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities in accordance with RMF process
- Develop, modify, and review A&A documentation
- Analyze the CS architecture of IT systems for compliance with DoD policies; develop and execute security test plans; and use security tools such as ACAS, SCAP, and execution of STIGs
- Assess the CS risk of IT systems documenting them in formal risk assessments and supporting artifacts associated with the A&A process
- Organize, develop, and present briefings, written summaries, and written reports incorporating narrative, tabular and/or graphic elements
- Work with System Administrators to comply with the LTRS Access Management Internal Operation Plan (LAMP)
- Other duties as assigned
- DoD 8570 IAT II or IAM II Certified (Security+CE or equivalent)
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends
- Ability to travel 20%
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret and/or Top Security Clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
- Ability to research policies, procedures, standards, and guidance, and apply under specific conditions for the protection of information and information systems
- Ability to conduct vulnerability assessments and risk mitigations
- Strong understanding of DIACAP, RMF, ACAS, and Vulnerability Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity Operations or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years or more of Cybersecurity related experience
- Knowledge of CS application software (ex: Nessus, NMAP, SCAP< and STIG Viewer) preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong technical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, to interact with team members and customers
- Experience in a team environment
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.