Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Construction Operations Manager with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with construction experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Construction Operations Manager opportunity is located in Santa Maria, CA. This position is full time temp to hire (possible direct hire for the right fit). The schedule Monday through Friday, 7am to 4pm. The salary is determined based on experience, and ranges from $80,000 to $100,000 a year.
**Benefits if hired by client include 401k matching, paid holidays, vacation, and health insurance**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a leader for our team by seamlessly supervising the day-to-day construction operations of the company, creatively solving problems, communicating with key stakeholders, including owners, team members, clients, vendors and subcontractors in a fun and safe environment.
- Work hand-in-hand with the project team to create a mutual understanding of the project strategy based on the requirement of the job and develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of projects.
- Timely addressing urgent problems that arise day-to-day.
- Conduct in-depth reviews and analysis of all project or contract documents so as to be familiar with every detail and/or requirements
- Work with safety units to plan and manage safety programs for all projects and make sure that all aspects of safety are reached.
- Help project managers/superintendents in the arrangement and analysis of projects and scheduling of reports on projects.
- Oversee projects as they are being carried out to make sure that the work is done according to outlined specifications, and that they also conform with project timetable
- Convey project needs/progress from the project manager/superintendent to the company
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability and project costs to maintain budget; manages to and achieves revenue goals set for projects; proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken.
- Projects and documents changes in scope and revenue on each project; assist in managing project closeout process for timely completion.
- Assist in the maintenance, development, and enhancement of the company’s relationship with vendors/clients/subcontractors to produce strategic partnerships.
- Minimizes exposure and risk through safety audits and quality assurance controls; conduct and track safety meetings, job safety analysis, hazard identification, safety/employee investigations on assigned projects.
- Oversee safety training of employees and mentor employees in the area of project management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities are of great importance
- Possess strong leadership ability, as well as ability to work as part of a team and lead a team
- S. degree in construction management, engineering, or related field or 5 years of direct experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the construction management, project management, and estimating field
- Ability to be proactive and to anticipate events and react appropriately
- Ability to multitask and strategize in different situations
- Ability to work and carry out projects within a stipulated time frame or deadline
- Strong negotiating skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, quality standards, and safety standards.
- Strong knowledge and use of computer software. i.e. email, Excel, Word, etc.
- Must possess a Valid Driver License.
- Understands means and methods of construction associated with underground utilities, grading, and civil engineering construction.
- Has a working knowledge of the cost of goods and services; has a demonstrated ability to solicit, evaluate and manage the price, schedule and quality objectives of individual projects.
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules.
- Understands project cost control and change order management.
- Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.