Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Certified Payroll Administrator with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with construction industry experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Certified Payroll Administrator Position is located in Arroyo Grande, CA. This is a full time, direct hire or temp to hire position with hours from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. The pay rate is between $22 and $25 an hour. If you are interested, submit your resume today!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect and review Certified Payroll Reports (CPR) and supporting payroll records (statements of compliance, fringe benefit statements, deductions, apprentice registration, ) submitted by prime and subcontractors. Methods for collecting data will include both web-based applications and hard copy submissions.
- Work with appropriate agency on identifying applicability of state/federal prevailing wage requirements as well as providing state and federal prevailing wage rates for labor compliance support.
- Facilitate the proper reporting of prevailing wages, fringe benefits, apprentice utilization, and resolution of employee wage violations.
- Issues requests for missing and revised documentation and corresponds with the applicable contractor’s staff to ensure compliance.
- Completes audits, calculates underpayments, fines, and penalties if
- Communicate with contractors to resolve discrepancies/inadequacies relative to CPR
- Establishes case files reflecting all appropriate
- Work with LCP Tracker software to review and approve certified payroll and payroll
- Composes letters requesting payments and follows up with third-party requestor when sending information.
- Establishes files reflecting all appropriate
- Track changes and updates to state and federal labor compliance and prevailing wage regulations and standards; apply changes/updates to the agency/client labor compliance procedures and
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-5 years’ experience supporting public works labor compliance programs desired
- Direct experience from public agency, construction management consulting firm, compliance consulting firm, local union, or general/sub-contracting firm
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of computer Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience working with LCP Tracker software
- In-depth understanding of the California Labor Code pertaining to Public Works Projects
- Extensive understanding of Labor Compliance policies, procedures, and
- Experience performing audits on certified payroll documents preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong and effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable manner
- Experience calculating fines/penalties with regards to audits
- Experience analyzing documents using critical thinking
- Ability to effectively work with various government agencies and union organizations
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels within the organization
- Must be able to complete tasks with little or no supervision
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.