Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Superintendent with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with project management experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Assistant Superintendent position is direct hire and located in Porterville, CA. This schedule is full-time Monday through Friday with a salary range of $65,000 to $75,000.
**Benefits include 7 paid holidays, vacation and sick time, 401K, medical and life insurance**
** This position does require a background check**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Stop and report any safety related items to project manager.
- Ensure workplace is compliant with project plans and specifications.
- Work with personnel to ensure work schedule is adhered to.
- Take directions from Senior Project Manager and/or Project Manager who oversee assigned projects.
- Work with subcontractors to obtain proposals, help define/clarify scopes of work, schedule and oversee progress of work, encourage subcontractors to complete their work in a timely manner, and ensure subcontractors comply with all OSHA and safety requirements.
- Verify completed work when invoices are submitted.
- Track completed work at assigned projects.
- Communicate with site management as to progress of work and notices.
- Join in on draw meetings and weekly site meetings.
- Do “hands-on” work at the site as needed or assigned.
- Work with suppliers to order supplies and follow-up on order materials.
- Work with staff to code invoices, ensure all insurance certificates are current, and follow-up on needed items for assigned projects.
- Complete weekly reports and submit to Project Executive every Monday.
Skills & Qualifications
- High school graduate, associates degree, or similar educational experience.
- 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of scheduling programs and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks and projects accurately.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands quickly and appropriately.
- Possess multi-limb and hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to stand, bend, reach, stop and lift boxes up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit at a desk, working on computer and phones for a full workday.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to travel inside and outside of the United States.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.