Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Lead with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with accounting experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Accounts Payable Lead position is located in Santa Maria, CA. This is a temp-to-hire full time position with hours from 7:30am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. The pay scale is 18-22. If you are interested, submit your resume today!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Accounts Payable Supervisor in improving accounting reporting control to maintain a good compliance system.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk with invoices process, from collection to processing.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as required by the A/P supervisor.
- Reviewing weekly, monthly, and quarterly provisions and interacting with various Departments to obtain clarifications. Including but not limited to Detail reports.
- Periodically reviewing, tracking, and reporting the performance of the A/P Team with bench marking, and be able to simplify the process to improve the team’s performance.
- Compliance with statutory requirements including issuance of 1099s to vendors, collecting W9’s as required for processing payments to vendors
- Processing of credit card statements and statement reviews.
- Maintain several databases and reports from fertilizer to transplanting reporting.
Skills & Qualifications
- Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing information, Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills.At least 2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable and/or certification and/or an accounting degree.
Agricultural experience preferred
Health benefits (including dental, vision, and life) cost per month: $30 for employee only, $40 for employee plus spouse or child, $65 for employee plus family
Health benefits are supplemented by a Health Savings Account (H.S.A.): $1,800 for single coverage or $3,600 for family coverage (annual amount is pro-rated on a monthly basis)
Vacation pay: employees accrue 5 days or 40 hours of vacation during first year of service, 10 days or 80 hours during second through fourth year, and 15 days or 120 hours for fifth year and years following.
Sick/personal pay: employees are allowed 5 days or 40 hours of paid time off each year
Holiday pay: 6 holidays paid annually
Annual bonus: discretionary to company management
Eligible for employer’s 401k profit-sharing plan after one year of service. Employer offers 100% match of employee deferrals, up to 4% of employee’s gross earnings
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.