Do you want to work for a company that is a leader in its industry? Does working for a company that wants to cultivate your ideas and nurture your career advancement sound enticing? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Associate with a very well-established company in the beautiful Central Coast of California – Lompoc, CA. This company prides itself on having a talented, diverse and passionate team of more than 300 employees and they believe their most valuable resource is: You – their people. If you are interested in this position, submit a resume ASAP because this position will not last long!
The Accounting Associate role is a Temp-to-Hire opportunity and is Full Time, with the hours from 7:30 am to 4 pm, Mondays through Fridays. The pay rate for this position is $17.00/hr. If you are qualified and interested, submit your resume ASAP!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls and respond to customer inquiries. Resolve outstanding issues or elevate to supervisor for resolution.
- Perform collections on accounts overdue balance in excess of 45 days.
- Review various reports, monitor aging reports and when necessary accelerate collection efforts.
- Review and release orders on credit hold in accordance to company guidelines.
- Open, update & maintain customer’s accounts in a timely manner.
- Process credit and debit memos, including refunds.
- Process daily and monthly account adjustments.
- Adjust bad debt write-offs and reversals.
- Provide excellent customer service while acting in a professional and courteous manner.
- Research accounts and recommend accounts for collections to supervisor.
- Post all payments received to accounts on ERP computer database. Posting credit card, EFT, ACH, wire transfers, bank charge backs and credit card exceptions advice.
- Maintain collection target as determined by management.
- Negotiate payment plans with customer; monitor to ensure payments made in a timely manner.
- Communicate with customer service and the lab department regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Assist other members of the department as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience. Previous accounting experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write notes, documentation, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to complete forms accurately. Ability to communicate information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Knowledge in MSWord, Excel, ERP, 10-key by touch proficiently, and various office equipment such as; computer, printer, copier, and phone. Ability to learn various software programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Skill in demonstrating a professional phone manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees of various disciplines within various departments and all other internal and external contacts.
- Ability to accurately perform detail-oriented work.
- Ability to be flexible in changing daily workload priorities as directed.
- Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency and quality in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Ability to coordinate and synchronize multiple projects.
- Ability to be prompt and flexible as needed.
- Ability to function in a controlled environment under domestic and international regulations and handle extremely confidential data.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, repetitive use of one or both hands, use of hands to grasp, push and or pull; and use one or both hands with fine dexterity. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; and lift or move up to 10 lbs. Normal 20/20 vision ability (with corrective lenses, if needed) is required by this position. The noise level in the work environment is somewhat quiet.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.