Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Would you like to be part of a close knit team of industry professionals? If so, submit your resume today because this opportunity will fill quickly! We are currently recruiting for an Underground Working Foreman in the beautiful city of Santa Maria, CA – a community surrounded by thriving farmland and famous for their delicious strawberries! This opportunity is with a very well established company that has a real sense of family about it and they are hoping to add – YOU – to that growing family!
This is a direct hire position located in Santa Maria, CA. Hours are from 7am to 4pm Monday Through Friday with an annual salary of $65,000 to $85,000 depending on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proficient with utility standards and requirements, experience in CATV/Phone, PG&E, So Cal Gas, Sewer, Water and Storm Drains
- Perform daily field inspection of construction operations to ensure work is being completed in compliance with project specifications and monitor safe work practices.
- Trenching, V-ditches, shoring, etc.
- Review daily production reports, material usage, tracking of hours worked.
- Install, maintain, and repair components of a water service distribution system, including valves, mains, fire hydrants, and a variety of meters, gauges, and flow monitoring devices.
- Locate and fix water main leaks, including repair of pipes; flush mains to clear lines and provide water clarity and provide sufficient water pressure.
- Set up and work traffic control
- Clean work vehicles; stock vehicles with parts and materials according to service order needs.
- Respond as needed to customer concerns in the field.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Perform building and grounds maintenance, as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as an underground utilities foreman
- 5+ years experience in the trade
- Able to read and decipher Individual Utility Plans and Composites.
- Willing to perform all aspects of job (Hand Digging, Backfill, Equipment Operation, Pipefitting, Underground Pipe Installation, Asphalt/Concrete etc)
- Ability to read and interpret grade instruments (tape measures, grade rods, levels, and lasers)
- Ability to locate, avoid, and protect existing underground utilities
- Basic knowledge of soil types, trenching, and shoring per OSHA regulations
- Ability to work in trench boxes, in deep excavations, and in confined spaces
- Willingness to work shifts as assigned, including daily overtime and weekends when necessary.
- Trained in Gas Safety a plus
- OSHA 30 Safety Training (or willingness to receive)
- Must be capable of working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, squat and knee, climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds unassisted.
- Must have a valid drivers license
Benefits if hired include paid holidays, vacation, matching 401k, and health insurance
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.