Do you want to work for a company that is a leader in its industry? Does working for a company that wants to cultivate your ideas and nurture your career advancement sound enticing? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for an Ortho Aligner Technician with a very well-established company in the beautiful Central Coast of California – Lompoc, CA. This company prides itself on having a talented, diverse and passionate team of more than 300 employees and they believe their most valuable resource is: You – their people. If you are interested in this position, submit a resume ASAP because this position will not last long!
The Ortho Aligner Technician is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a new career or anyone looking for work – no previous experience is necessary! This position is a temporary full-time assignment. The hours are from 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm, Mondays through Fridays, with possible overtime. The pay rate of $16.50/hr. If you are interested, submit a resume now!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Use multiple CAD software platforms to prep models and/or create trimlines for product manufacturing
• Operate multiple VacuForm machines to specifications directed
• Operate laser marking machines, aligner milling machines and aligner tumblers for aligner manufacturing
• Operate precision tools to finishing products
• Interface with various support personnel as needed to assure case success
• Follow case production schedule to maintain on-time case completion per the work ticket finish date and due date
• Keep work area organized and clean with all tools and supplies stored in their proper places at end of the work shift
• Adhere to company and departmental policies and procedures, including safety and security measures, and ISO 9001 work instructions
• Request and/or receive training as needed or required to meet product quality standards and production efficiency standards; Ensure training information is comprehended and retained
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to properly communicate through both oral and written correspondence
• Must have computer skills – position requires use of computers
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of precision and manual dexterity in working with close tolerances excellent close and distance vision.
• Ability to demonstrate good hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills to use intricate tools
• Ability to interact favorably with co-workers, supervisory staff, and managers
• Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency and quality in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to function in a controlled environment under domestic and international regulations and handle extremely confidential data
• Ability to accurately perform detail-oriented work
• Ability to be flexible in changing daily workload priorities as directed
• Ability to learn and use company computer software programs
• Ability to learn CAD/CAM computer software
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine notes, document laboratory work and observations, produce routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to complete forms accurately. Must be able to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and to perform these operations using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend at the neck, use repetitive use of one or both hands; grasp simply with one or both hands and use fine manipulation with one or both hands. The employee is regularly required to walk, stand, bend at the waist, twist at the neck and/or waist and to reach above and below shoulder level; work around equipment or machinery, experience exposure to dust when sanding or grinding models, use repetitive foot movement and will be required to wear special visual or other protective equipment. Due to the functions of this role, close and distance vision (at 20 inches or less with corrective lenses) is essential to perform this job successfully. The work environment is noisy.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.