Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Night Custodial Technician with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with Custodial/Maintenance experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Night Custodial Technician position is a full-time temp-to-hire opportunity. The schedule is Sunday-Thursday, 2:30pm-11:30pm, with an hourly rate of $16-18 depending on experience.
All applicants must possess a clean driving record and be at least 21 years of age.
Benefits if hired by client include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long Term Disability coverage, along with retirement benefit 401k (with employer match) Vacation, and Sick leave
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform basic tasks including maintenance repairs, cleaning facilities & grounds, and picking up samples from customer locations
- Perform basic repairs on company machinery, equipment, or appliances
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs
- Regularly check community spaces to identify issues with litter, mechanical failure or breakdowns
- Maintain the cleanliness of inside and outside spaces such as offices, restrooms, breakrooms, company condo, parking lots and sidewalks
- Use correct chemicals on all surfaces, fills all dispensers
- Clean spills promptly
- Perform all custodial tasks including cleaning and stocking restrooms, dumping trash, sweeping, mopping, cleaning counter tops, dusting, washing windows, etc.
- Clean and maintain custodial equipment to ensure proper orientation and safe conditions
- Wax and buff floors on a regular basis
- Monitors inventory and supply areas
- Pick up samples from local customer locations and transport them back to the lab
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Clean DMV record
- 2 years of work experience, preferably in custodial or construction services
- High School Degree
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and machinery
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- Ability to follow instructions on labels for proper and safe useof chemicals, supplies and equipment
- Ability to follow structured processes and procedures, and to learn to use specialized departmental equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from supervisors and co-workers
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships
- Availability to work evenings and weekends; flexibility for schedule changes, work duration and task assignments
- Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time, and adapts to changing work priorities
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common-sense skills
Physical Requirements: Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
- Maneuver in and around the worksite
- Standing and walking
- Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
- Lift boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Push or pull objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery. May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
- Grasp both small & large objects and tools
- Climb ladders and/or step stools
- Drive short and long distances
Work is performed in office, off site property and laboratory environments. Employees may be exposed to noise from equipment in maintenance environment, and depending on indoor and outdoor conditions, exposure to cold or heat.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.