Do you want to work for a company where your talents can shine? Are you looking to find work right now? If so, submit your resume ASAP! We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Contractor with a fantastic company that cares about their employees and wants to add – YOU – to their team! This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with mechanical or technical experience, so if you’re interested, submit your resume NOW because this position will fill quickly!
The Maintenance Contractor is a full-time temp to hire position (for the right fit) located in Buellton, CA. The hours are 7am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday with a pay rate of $35 an hour.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn company maintenance procedures.
- Be a strong Team Player: Communicate well with colleagues and management to ensure a smooth and effective maintenance and production process.
- Ensure all safety protocols are followed, and equipment and facilities are operated safely and correctly.
- Wear required personal protective equipment provided.
- Conduct scheduled, unscheduled and predictive maintenance on 50-plus production machines including pumps, fans, blowers, blenders, gearboxes, compressors, conveyors, electrical systems, and packaging machines.
- Complete scheduled maintenance on time daily/weekly.
- Organize and maintain maintenance tools, manuals and parts inventory in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain accurate records, including work order entries, parts ordering, tracking and inventory.
- Operate major equipment for the manufacturing and in-house transportation of dietary supplements and raw ingredients.
- Organize and maintain supplies and equipment throughout the facility in support of a safe and healthful workplace.
- Must be able to work a regular 40-hour week with scheduled overtime, including some evening/weekend shifts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have a positive, willing attitude and work well within a group.
- High School Diploma or GED Required; preferably with an Associate Degree in a mechanical/technical area or a mechanical/electrical apprenticeship from an accredited institution.
- 5 years maintenance experience where 80% of duties were dedicated to machinery maintenance.
- Experience in metal fabrication, piping, mechanical and electrical trouble shooting and repair required.
- Must be able to understand and follow piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and instrument loop and schematic drawings.
- Experience in a General Manufacturing and Production environment is preferred.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Applicants must be able to skillfully use the following tools:
- Mechanic’s hand tools such as wrenches, pliers, etc.
- Precision measuring equipment such as ruler, micrometers, protractors, calipers, and thickness gages.
- Power hand tools such as drills, grinders, saws, impact wrenches, and power rodders.
- Stationary machine tools such as band saws, drill presses, grinders, and pipe threading machines.
- Rigging equipment such as hoists, lifts, and hydraulic rams.
- Electrical installation equipment such as conduit benders.
- Instrumentation and test equipment such as volt/ohm meters, meggers, oscilloscopes, multi-calibrators, pressure calibrators, dead weight testers, temperature calibrators, ammeters, and signal generators.
- Welding equipment, hand-held electrode, TIG, and oxyacetylene.
- Carpentry tools such hammers and saws.
- Must have the ability to stoop, bend and safely lift reasonable amounts of weight, and spend significant portions of your workday on your feet.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.